In addition to its well-known contribution of vitamin C, citrus fruits such as lemon, orange, tangerine or grapefruit are the source of many other health benefits. In this article we have selected eight of the most valuable nutritional qualities of these delicious fruits.
1. They are anti-ageing allies
One of the most outstanding properties of citrus is its ability to enhance skin care thanks to its vitamin C content. Its daily consumption contributes to the cleaning and hydration of the epidermis.
We suggest you accompany your usual breakfast with a delicious glass of lime juice every morning.
Many foods can fight LDL, the bad cholesterol, and raise HDL, the good version. Even chocolate – who knew! – can be an ally in this battle. New discoveries pop up at any moment. Here's what scientists already know.
1. Passion fruit
A study coordinated by chemist Armando Srur found that the peel of the fruit is full of pectin, a soluble fiber that attacks cholesterol completely and, as a result, high glucose rates. Two tablespoons of crushed passionfruit peel at each meal has a good effect. Here's the recipe:
- Select firm, wrinkle-free passion fruit. Remove the pulp and cut the peel in half or in pieces.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for about half an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven when the peel is toasted. Beat in the blender. If lumps are left, sift the flour.
- Sprinkle the flour in dishes and drinks.
Continue reading “11 Anti-Cholesterol Foods to Add to Your Diet”