6 Fruits You Should Eat Only in Moderation
They have plenty of calories but they are too interesting to do without. Enjoy the benefits of these six fruits by controlling the quantities!
1. Mango (98 kcal)
It is best to eat it ripe with a few drops of lemon.
Its type of fiber helps you regulate and keep the intestinal flora healthy.
2. Grape (99 kcal)
Your skin concentrates its vitamins and phytonutrients.
It contains a significant amount of resveratrol, which has the ability to prevent cancerous processes.
3. Cherimoya (148 kcal)
Better not to eat it for dessert: for its sugars it causes gases.
It includes digestive enzymes that “autodigieren” the pulp.
4. Avocado (320 kcal)
It contributes to increase the good cholesterol (HDL).
It is the fruit with more lutein, which protects against cataracts.
In addition, an avocado can be perfect for breakfast. Cut some slices and with a slice of wholemeal bread you will have a satisfying and very healthy combination… As a reference, the calories that we have reviewed correspond to an avocado of an average weight, of 200gr.
5. Coconut (530 kcal)
Due to its saturated fats, it requires moderation.
It is rich in lauric acid, which improves and strengthens the defenses.
6. Date (85 kcal)
Take 3-4 fresh pieces without sugar.
Increase memory and learning ability.
There is a series of fruits that stand out because they are much more caloric than the rest. This does not mean that you have to banish them from your diet, especially if you want to lose a kilo. You can enjoy them, provided it is in moderation.
In this case, to calculate its caloric value we have valued the amount that is usually taken as a dessert or as a snack: a slice, a medium piece or several small…
Some useful tricks
Apart from the indications that we mention for each fruit, also consider the following:
- The sugars (fructose and glucose) increase as the fruit matures.
- If you mix them, cut them right at the moment of consuming them to preserve their nutrients.
- If you eat them dried… You must bear in mind that, when losing water, the nutrients of the fruit are concentrated, but its caloric value rises.
- The dried fruits are useful to fight constipation and anemia (for its iron) and, in addition, they are also a healthy way to sweeten other meals.
- Many fruits, especially when sold dry, are given a layer of “extra” gloss coating them with sugar. When buying them, check the list of ingredients.
And what about cherries?
When eating them whole, you have to wash them thoroughly before taking them. Those that look very clean and bright are not usually the most recommended (their good appearance is due to artificial embellishment processes).
They have a powerful depurative effect, and also anti-inflammatory thanks to their anthocyanins. Each serving contains about 75 calories.